Monday, July 5, 2010

Last Minute Details!


We're leaving in four days, and I don't think we are any closer to being ready then we were four months ago. It seems like I buy something, set it in a pile, buy something else, set it in another pile, make a list, make a new list, lose the old list, and have to start all over again!

I don't think it is real to either of us yet. I have a feeling the Mike will be panicing Thursday night, and I'm sure we will make a few midnight runs to Wal-Mart. We have our flight information. We will be on a nine hour nonstop flight from DFW to Germany, leaving Friday at 2:30. We have a sixteen hour layover in Germany where we will join the Germans from ANdernach City Chruch for food and fellowship...and maybe some naps. From there, we have a seven hour flight to Ethiopia with a four hour layover. Lastly, we have a two hour flight to Tanzania where we then drive a couple of hours to Morogoro!

I've included a picture of our group that is traveling to Tanzania. Please excuse the photoshopped head of Amy. There are four couples traveling (including Mike and I), and two women whose husbands will remain in the States. Everyone, besides me, is a mother leaving their children. Please pray for the families that are left with maybe one phoen call a day. We pray that the enemy doesn't penetrate their thoughts and imaginations. Please pray for comfort for the children. Kids can have very extravageant imaginations, which leads to worry.

I will keep you updated until the day we leave. Until then, please continue to pray for our protction and that the Lord's Will will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment