Monday, July 12, 2010

They Made It

Jessica called about 10:30 this morning, CST, to let my mom know they made it safely to Tanzania. They have already checked into their hotel, which Jessica said was gated and had good security. She said things have gone well so far, they did have to wait 4 hours once they landed in Tanzania for the bus to take them to Morogoro. She said they felt over-whelmed and that they had met the people they would be working with and were anxious to get to work. Please keep them in your prayers as the real work begins for them.

On a lighter note, Bentley has been a little brat since being at my mom and dad's. She threw up yesterday repeatedly and someone peed on the floor either Diesel or Bentley. And my mom said Jessica forgot to remind her that her dogs like to go out at 6:30 every morning so my mom has had an alarm, i.e, Diesel's face in hers every morning at 6:30. Plus Diesel is scared to walk on hardwood floors which is all my parents have in their house. It has been very comical to see a 100+ pound dog frightened to death of the floors he's walking on.

Jessica can only call for 5 minutes a day so if and when she calls again, I will keep you updated. Thanks for all the prayers that have been sent their way.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for updating Amanda. I'm glad they arrived safely. I hope your mom survives the next two weeks with Diesel and Bentley... :)

    ReplyDelete